Search

Riads to rent in Marrakech

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 05:08 AM
Gillian

Riads to rent in Marrakech

We are planning a holiday with friends in Marrakech in September, and are interested in renting a Riad rather than staying in a hotel. Any suggestions for contacts/agencies which may handle this type of enquiry?

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 11:47 PM
mm

What is a Riad?

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 07:16 AM
texasgirl

mm.. a riad is a word for ``palace,'' a very nice, older residence. many hotels actually have taken over older riads. <BR> <BR>Gillian, I don't have any specific contacts for you _ we stayed at small hotels in Marrakech like the Gallia and the Sherazade _ but i think there may be some posts in this forum. also, there was a hosted forum a year or two ago that i found helpful when planning our trip. good luck and if you have other marrakech questions i may be able to help _ we were there in january and loved it.

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 10:11 AM
james

Use The Best of Morocco - 01380 828533 -web site www.morocco-travel.com

Old Mar 25th, 2001, 02:51 AM
Amber

Did you ever find any good infomration on this topic? I am going to Marrakech in Aug. or September as well, and was thinking the same thing. However, I was looking for a small apartment, not a "palace." Thanks.

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 04:05 AM
Elaine

Make sure that the riad has air conditioning! A lot of places don't have A/C because electricity if very expensive there. Morocco is very hot in the summer.

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 11:06 PM
Lisa

oops... I posted by response in "Internet service in Dubai" please read it... too tired to retype! <BR><BR>