Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Cannot Afford Singita, Can you recommend other Lodges?...

Cannot Afford Singita, Can you recommend other Lodges?...

Nov 4th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Original Poster

Cannot Afford Singita, Can you recommend other Lodges?...

Hello,

My husband and I have been planning our 30th Birthday trip for some time, going back and forth with destinations, etc.

We both really want to go on safari in South Africa as we are huge nature and animal lovers. We have been lucky enough to stay at some wonderful resorts in our travels, however the cost of Singita is out of our reach at this time.

Could you experienced travelers please recommend a lodge that is less expensive, but has a good reputation, of course great game viewing, and clean rooms. It would be great it the resort itself is aestetically pleasing as well!!

My birthday is the end of February, and my husband's the end of March, so we are looking to go around that time period.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice!
Nov 4th, 2004, 10:06 PM

nyack7528,

You should definitely consider Simbambili. Like Singita, it is in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve and is an intimate little lodge.

Each chalet features its own plunge pool which will prove priceless for the time of year when you are going, as it will still be warm.

Have a look at this link for a typical couple days worth of wildlife viewing at Simbambili:

http://www.tagasafaris.co.za/african...-13-sep-04.htm

Also, if you are looking for a good agent, look no further than that same link, as it is to Taga Safaris website. Whether you decide to stay at Simbambili or elsewhere, Taga Safaris will be able to accomodate you at very competitive pricing.

Simbambili, while not the cheapest lodge in the Sabi Sand, is roughly about half the price of Singita. For the most part, less expensive lodges will not feature their own private plunge pools and will have a lot larger capacity than Simbamili.

Here are some photos of Simbambili:

http://www.tagasafaris.co.za/simbambili-game-lodge.htm

Best of luck.

Search this Thread