Search

Pharonic Village

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pharonic Village

The only mention of this attraction was on a post in 2000. I thought it looked very "Disney" and provided the opportunity to get a quick history lesson on the areas we will be visiting. I am surprised it is not mentioned. Our tour company offers it as an option trip which is why I am aware of it. Has anyone been there? I appreciate all insights. Thanks!!
Old May 20th, 2005, 10:23 AM

Save your money..It's vile and tacky.
Rich,
Photos of our travels in Egypt
www.franceinfocus.net/vlc6.html
Old May 21st, 2005, 05:03 PM

It's okay if you are traveling with kids and need to give them a quick "intro" to Egyptian history - otherwise not worth the extra time/expense.

Old May 21st, 2005, 09:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback. We will skip it.
Old May 22nd, 2005, 09:41 PM

I agree, it is GREAT if you are traveling with kids that need lessons (in a fashion they will get something out of) regarding what you've brought them to Egypt to see.
The very best part is the King Tut tomb. They have recreated a tomb that is set up exactly the way Tut's tomb looked when Carter first found it.
If I'm with children that I will later need to keep interested at the Cairo Museum (which while housing marvelous pieces, is boring as all get out for most children), I take them into the Tut Tomb and we find something unique in there that the child can remember especially and then at the museum we look for the real piece. It gives the child a better idea of what all that stuff is he's looking at in the museum.

When the new museum is built, we hope it won't require this sort of extra help to make it interesting to all.

I also agree that PV is expensive. If you choose to go, don't go on the extra boat ride or pay for the meal. Also you can get discounted tickets at many hotels. I know for sure the gift shop at the Marriott sells them. Or even if you don't get those, at least ask at the ticket window for a discount. I usually get 2 children for the price of 1 adult when I ask for discounts. What ever you do, don't pay full price...there is no need.