Beach resort Kenya or tanzania

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking for a safe beach resort after 2 weeks on safari in Kenya. Want to feel safe, clean, cared for.
Old Mar 12th, 2015, 11:50 PM

For my experience on East Africa , Tanzania is safer than Kenya nowadays , so i recommend you to go to Zanzibar Island and spend you extension there like 3 nights in Stone town , and the rest at the Nungwi beach in the North side of Island , you may look more options from this network link for Zanzibar hotels http://zanzibarhotels.webs.com/ , i have been there on Christmas and new year , so i know much about it . ANd if you will want to do more island excursion there are many romantic sailing excursion or land excursion . I can give some if info about them if you might like .
Old Mar 12th, 2015, 11:52 PM

But also it depends where will you do the Sfari , Kenya or Tanzania ?.
Old Mar 13th, 2015, 11:49 AM

The Kenya Coast offers a wide variety of excellent beach resorts, and it is pretty easy to get to the Kenya Coast from the Masai Mara (2 hour 30 minute flight) or Nairobi (1 hour 45 minute flight). There are several scheduled flight options to get you directly to the convenient nearby Ukunda Airstrip, just minutes from your beach hotel.

The Diani Beach area south of Mombasa is a great choice, and it offers beautiful white sandy beaches and a wide variety of different hotel and resort options. There are some large hotels which are located on more crowded sections of beach, so I would instead recommend that you choose one of the smaller boutique properties here for some pleasant R&R time following your safari.

Alfajiri Villas is an outstanding property which receives many rave reviews and has often been voted as one of the best beach villas in the world! Almanara is another stunning beach resort which offers the choice of their villas or rooms in their boutique hotel. AfroChic is a more moderately priced option on Diani Beach, and nearby Kinondo Kwetu delivers highly personalized service in a homey atmosphere.

All of the beach properties will offer you a variety of activities such as snorkeling, diving, kayaking, water sports like kite surfing, wind surfing, stand up paddle boards, water skiing, traditional dhow sailboat, and more.

Zanzibar offers some very nice beaches as well, but if your safari is in Kenya you will be spending more time in transit to get to & from Zanzibar, so why not simply relax on the Kenya Coast instead.

Rose Loggi - Safari Consultant - Travel Beyond
Old Mar 13th, 2015, 07:02 PM

I would second travel beyond, Kenya beach will be easier to access. Quite a number of hotels along Diani Beach that are pleasant. Baobab beach Resort usually have offers,you could try check out. Neptune hotels,are also affordable and once slept at their accommodation and it was wonderful. they gave me a twin bed for me and son even though I had paid for standard. They treated me well despite. being a local, and were there to help me out in anything. Jacaranda is another affordable property and looks good as well.
Hope that was useful.
Old Mar 15th, 2015, 01:09 PM

Agree with the above - if safari in Kenya, I'd do beach here. Area south of Diani is safe and beautiful. A lovely new property Saruni Ocean is a gem with only 6/cottages and has a/c, where other than the large hotels do or some more costly might; alternative would be ceiling fans... ugh!
It's also an easy flight from the Mara to the Ugunda airstrip rather than having to transit thru NBO.
Can't understand paying another Visa and need for Yellow Fever inoc and proof of same for entry ZNZ.