Search

camps/prices

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 04:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
camps/prices

need information about best Camps/prices/location in Masai Mara for 2first weeks of december
many thanks
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:16 AM
sandi

If you want camps, prices and locations, you have to contact a tour operator or outfitter. Put your suggested itinerary together and email to a few of them and see what prices and availability you get.

Early December before the 15th is still low season (Nov - Dec 14 - for the short rains), so prices should be good. But know that some camps are closed in November and some even the first week or so in December.

You can check websites of some of the properties you are considering to see if prices are listed, though it's best to obtain these from an operator who will include your transfers, flights, vehicles (if a drive safari), etc. An itinerary is more than just room rates.

Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 06:22 AM
santharamhari

Sandi,

Are they closed in November, because of the rains? or other reasons. I thought the only times some of the Mara camps closed was April/May, i guess i was wrong......

Albatros, the Mara is a great place to visit even off-season when the migration isnt around....you have fewer visitors in the park and all the resident game is visible, this includes small patches of the resident herds.....

Thanks
Hari

Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hari,
I think it's a combination of both being the short rains season and the fact that visitor numbers are low.
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 09:34 AM
sandi

... and some camps just need their own break - vacation. April/May and November are ideal for the reasons Patty mentions above.

Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 09:36 AM
sandi

... and these are ideal times to do refurbishing of the camps. The mobile camps, close for these months, so the lands can return to they were before... leave no mark of human interference.

Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 04:54 PM
santharamhari

Ok, Thanks

Hari