Camps Bay-The Place on the Bay

Apr 19th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Original Poster

Camps Bay-The Place on the Bay

Has anyone stayed here? I am travelling to Cape Town with my daughter (5) in July. We want to stay by the beach even though I realize that it may be cool and wet. Originally wanted to stay at The Bay but they dont accept kids less than 12 and I was recommended this place by go2africa.com. Its not cheap-around R1400/night but it looks nice from their website.
Apr 19th, 2005, 11:49 PM

Hi Laguna, I know some people who stayed there for the same reason you're considering it and the location is fantastic - across the street from the beach and walking distance to all the restaurants, etc in Camps Bay. I think the only thing they weren't really happy with was that their 'sea view' required hanging over a balcony and still wasn't much.

I go to Camps Bay regularly (to visit relatives) and I don't think you'll find anything in a better location w/in Camps Bay. For better rooms or views, you'd have to look at a guesthouse in the area and I don't know any offhand that I would recommend.
Apr 20th, 2005, 12:12 AM

Dear Laguna

It is a really nice property close to the beach within walking distance from all the restaurants but the sea views are not great at all as you have a building in front of you. There are lovely guest houses and as you say the time of the year is not great beach weather so at least a good sea view would be nice as well. Perhaps also look at Bali Bay Apartments www.balibay.com or bayview Penthouses www.bayviewpenthouses.co.za which are both children friendly and have great views and may be a little more personalised!
Apr 21st, 2005, 01:36 PM

Laguna,

I agree wholeheartedly with Debbi's description of the Bay however I want to add one extra line and that is that it is a cold cold cold place to stay at.
Once again I have to agree with Debbi (who btw I think hands out some terrific SA advice on this board) that you should rather look at staying at a guesthouse. The guesthouses which Debbi recommends are a little bit far from the sea however they all have magnificent panoramic sea views. Other guesthouses that you could look at that are close to the sea are Camps Bay Terrace (www.campsBayTerrace.com) and The Bay Atlantic. http://www.thebayatlantic.com

Hope the above helps

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Search this Thread