Search

time difference

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 07:11 PM
Sarah

time difference

Hi! <BR>I'm going to Isreal/Egypt at the end of Oct. I was wondering if anyone can tell me the time difference between east coast and there? I was thinking they're probably about 6 hrs. ahead? Also, any opinions or tips on bringing a camcorder? <BR>Thanks!

Old Sep 16th, 2000, 03:10 AM
Hello

Use a search engine to find the answer to your time zone questions; my favorite is "Google." <BR> <BR>1. www.google.com <BR>2. type in search phrase: time zones <BR>3. Hit Enter Key <BR> <BR>There are several websites offering info. Pick the one most useful to you. <BR> <BR>-------------------------------------- <BR> <BR>"Give a man a fish and he is fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he is fed for a lifetime.""

Old Sep 17th, 2000, 02:25 PM
Amik

OK, here is the fish: <BR>Israel is now 7 hrs. ahead of US East coast. I think Egypt is only 6 hrs. ahead, not sure. <BR>As to camcorders, sure, bring it with you, just double-check that your battery recharger can work with 220-240 V electricity, which is what's available there, as well as all over Europe. <BR>Amik.

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 05:43 PM
Sarah

Thanks for the info! <BR> <BR>Sarah

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 07:05 PM
carol

I'm wondering if when we set our clocks back this fall, will the time in Egypt also fall back, or will it stay the same, widening the gap?

Old Oct 10th, 2000, 04:58 AM
Sarah

Thank you for the info! Hopefully I'll be prepared now. <BR> <BR>Sarah

Old Oct 10th, 2000, 12:14 PM
Sarah

Hi Carol, <BR> <BR>That's a good question - I don't know if they turn their clocks back either. You might be able to tell by using one of the time zone converters that you can find. I just put in time zone on any search engine and you get a lot of web sites under that category.