Reload this Page >

Just returned from Seychelles

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 12:25 PM
me

Coral is dead and diving was not what we expected because of bad visibility. During 10 days we had only 1 day when the sun was out. We experienced two days such a heavy rain that one morning we couldn't get out of our room to get to the main lodge for breakfast. I read many positive reports on this forum before our trip and I think that those who are planning on going there should know the other views too. We went previously to Mauritius and you can't even compare. After dissappointment with Seychelles we will go back to Mauritius next year where we won't also have to spend so much money

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 06:06 PM
April

Bad weather can sure put a damper on a holiday, but other than that and the diving how was it? Was is very, very expensive?

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 07:41 PM
Claudia

It was OK but like I mentioned I rather go to another place where are also gorgeous beaches, coral is better and hotels are similar but much cheaper. Yes, it is very expensive if you want to stay not far away from the beach. Otherwise you will spend a fortune for a car rental on Mahe. other islands do not have this luxury of renting a car with almost no roads. If you counting on any nightlife this is not a place to go. I am just frustrated that we spent so much money and expected more than what we experienced when visiting Carribean. I would rather go back to Ladera in St. Lucia and have better vacation and cheaper too.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 10:53 PM
April

I don't care about night life. How do the beaches in Mauritius compare to the Seychelles? I've wanted to go to the Seychelles, *sigh*, but maybe it's just because they're so far away.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 06:47 AM
Paige

Bummer! We leave for the Seychelles in 10 days. Which hotels did you stay at? Do you have anything positive to say about it? We'll be spending 14 days (and a lot of money) there so I hope you can give me some encouragement! Did it rain all day or just for a little while?

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 06:26 PM
Susan

Greetings. <BR>We are thinking of Mauritius for beginning of April. Any tips on weather,hotels, sights,food.