Search

CDN Kenya Visa

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDN Kenya Visa

Hi,

I'm a CDN travelling to Tanzania via Kenya (Nairobi) I'm thinking about getting my tanzanian visa here as we are crossing the border on land, but was wondering about getting my Kenyan visa at the Nairobi Airport. I've read US travellers on this forum do this without a problem - just fill out the form and pay $50US - is it the same for Canucks? I'm travelling over the holidays, but we have time to spare in Kenya - staying overnight.

Thanks so much!
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 04:03 AM

Yes. Single entry Visa is $50.

If you're re-entering Kenya you might want to consider a 1 year, multiple entry visa, which you have to get in advance. I don't know if you'll get stamped on your way out. But the visa is pretty easy to get at the airport.
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 04:18 AM

If you're only going to Tanzania and directly back to Kenya, you can re-enter Kenya on the same single entry visa provided that the visa validity hasn't expired.
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 09:56 AM

If you're in Kenya for less than 7 days before traveling to your next country, a canadian can get a 7 day transit VISA for only US$ 20. easy.
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 12:45 PM
sandi

If you're just overnighting in NBO before heading to Tanzania and/or returning to Kenya for your homebound flight - the Transit Visa is "iffy" You can always ask about it on arrival, but be prepared to pay the USD$50. This way no chance that the border agent can request additional money... which would be $50 after you've already paid $20.

I posted a response to this question a few weeks back which you can find through a search, or click on my name; threads should appear in the left column.

The single-entry Kenyan visa allows you to visit Tanzania and/or Uganda and return via Kenya for your homebound flight. No need for multi-entry unless you plan to make more than one trip in a year. For both countries, of course, as long as the term of the visa (6-mo for Kenya; 3-mo for Tanzania) hasn't expired.

The fee for the Tanzania visa is also USD$50.

Old Dec 12th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Original Poster

you guys are awesome - thanks so much!