flight from Amsterdam to Arusha

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if KLM flies from Amsterdam to Arusha?

Thanks.
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 10:05 PM

They fly to Kilimanjaro(JRO).

If you are looking for cheap fares to JRO from East Coast try Ethiopian, gives a chance to either connect or stopover in Addis Ababa which is interesting.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 12:26 AM

I will fly with KLM to Kilimanjaro in September. If you need a flight, I think you should be quick. I noticed that planes are getting full and prices are increasing rapidly.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 11:37 PM
africa_lover

hI harman,

We flew KLM from Amsterdam to Arusha last July.
Service on board was pretty good, but they managed to "loose" 5 out of 9 luggages going to Arusha, which we only received 3 days later, and we didn't get any money or even a toothbrush to apologize.
On our way back, our flight came in late, so we missed our connection to Brussels, we got a train ticket instead (regular train, no Thalys) , and it took them 1.5 hours to find out where our luggage was .
Really, If there is an other company with excellent connection, I wouldn't take KLM . But then again, maybe we just had 'bad luck'.
So yes, KLM flies to Arusha and Dar es Salaam (on the same flight).

Old Apr 9th, 2005, 04:45 AM

KLM does not fly to Arusha Airport. They fly to Kilimanjaro as JamesA noted above, which is 31 miles from Arusha.

Unless it's changed in the past few months, Arush has no immigration nor customs. Plus the runway is under 5400 feet and there is no instrument landing system. Three strikes against it for accepting huge international aircraft.
Old Apr 9th, 2005, 10:30 AM

I don't think one negative experience can be used to judge an entire airline. I flew KLM from AMS-NBO in February and nothing bad happened. Does that mean you will have the same experience? Maybe, maybe not. In any case, there isn't much choice as far as flights into JRO. Your other options are connecting via Nairobi or Addis Ababa as mentioned earlier.
Old Apr 9th, 2005, 12:41 PM
sandi

My two-cents: The main International airports for East Africa are Nairobi and Mombasa in Kenya and Kilimanjaro and Dar-es-Salam in Tanzania. So for Arusha, it's Kili (JRO).