Cairo & Luxor in 6 nites..HELP!

Feb 10th, 2001, 11:54 AM
peter

Cairo & Luxor in 6 nites..HELP!

I am planning to go to Cairo for the first time. I have 6 full nites in Egypt. I arrive in Cairo at 9:30pm and will leave Cairo for Paris at 7:30am 6 days later. I need help with information about seeing Cairo and Luxor in a short period of time. Flying/boats/trains to Luxor from Cairo and hotels in Cairo & Luxor. Maybe heading to Luxor first by air and returning to Cairo by boat or train, or am I trying to cram too much into too little time. Any help appreciated. Single male traveler! Thanks!

Mar 7th, 2001, 08:31 AM
Thomas Bryan

You need at least 10 days.Boats and trains take up to much time for a6 day trip.A cruise is usually ,at the leaset 3 days. Luxor is a one and half flight from Cairo. Thomas Bryan 8 Longfield Drive,Savannah,Ga31410,912 897 7510

Mar 13th, 2001, 08:02 AM
Neil

We just got back from what you are planning and did it in 8 days. The boat cruise was 3 days and went from Aswan to Luxor. In Aswan I enjoyed the Nubian Museum. Luxor is cool and I would have like a couple of extra days. Cairo you can do in 3 days. We used Karnak travel which was affiliated with Egypt air. Went with my family and another family and they catered to us well. Really convenient being ushered through the crowds at the airports. Got a nice rate and still managed to stay at Hilton Nile Hotel which was great. Nice tour guide named Mr Ibrahim. They put us on a boat with Blue Sky Tours. It was good, but we were the only Yanks. Mostly Germans.

The flight from Cairo to Aswan or Luxor is only approx an hour+.

Neil

Search this Thread