Ever been to Kenya and Tanzania in December?

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 03:41 AM
RBO

Ever been to Kenya and Tanzania in December?

I would like to hear from those who went on safaris to Kenya or Tanzania or both ountries in December. What was a weather like and mosquitos. What clothes were necessary for this time of the year. Thank you

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 04:22 PM
Ryan

We are planning trip to Kenya before Christmas and would to get the answer to the same question. Please

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 06:01 PM
Louise

As far as the weather is concerned you can get historical averages for temperature and rainfall at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...historical.htm. We were there the end of January and found the weather hot during the day but not uncomfortable and very cool at night in both countries. Dry the whole trip and very dusty.

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 02:16 PM
TC

Not December, but January if that helps. See my post here titled: "Safari in Kenya and Tanzania, a report on camps, parks, tips, packing, photos, money and more". If you still have questions, send me a private email. TC

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 12:09 PM
Mark

I went to Kenya and Tanzania over the Christmas/New Years holidays and found the weather to be quite comfortable in most areas. Mostly dry and warm with occassional rain here and there (once in the Masai Mara and once at Lake Manyara). The rain was brief and didn't effect sightseeing at all. It can get very hot and dusty, depending on the game reserve. Had no problems with mosquitos at all. Shorts or khaki cotton long pants and T-shirts are fine during the day. Also take a light jacket.

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 05:20 AM
kitipampa

I will be back from kenya on the 30th October and I will let you know what it was like ? <BR>Kit

Old Oct 12th, 2000, 09:06 AM
nicole

I was in Tanzania in Dec. 1997. The weather on safari was wonderful - little or no rain and probably in the 70s during the day. No problems with mosquitos on safari either.

Old Oct 12th, 2000, 09:53 AM
Karen

We were on a wonderful safari to Kenya & Tanzania in late November a few years ago. We had near perfect weather and no flies or mosquitos except in a very swampy area at Ngorongoro. I usually wore a light wind breaker type jacket in the evenings but my husband usually just wore long sleeved shirts. <BR>Karen

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 06:29 AM
Kit

Hi there, <BR>Just back from Kenya, weather was slightly chilly in the morning but a fleece jumper was fine for it. absolutely no problems with mosquitos even in the vicinity of lakes. weather in mombassa was fantastic (even too warm) and not chilly in the evenings. <BR>Its a fabulous country. Enjoy

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 01:05 PM
lisa

How is the wildlife viewing in Nov-Dec in Kenya-Tanzania?