Search

Best Safari Operator?

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2005, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Safari Operator?

I am looking for a good safari operator for the Kenzy/Tanzania region. Would like to stay at nice lodges; nothing too rustic. I am looking for a tour where everything would be handled, except air, by a reputable company. Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks,
Annie
Old May 31st, 2005, 02:29 PM

There are many, many reputable operators which can provide all of your ground services in East Africa from the moment your flight lands in Kenya/Tanzania until your flight departure after the conclusion of your safari. If you do a search on this board for 'tour operator' or 'safari operator', you should find some suggestions. Also read some of the trip reports posted here to see which operators others have used and their impressions of how things went. Many here prefer to arrange private, custom itineraries directly with locally based operators in Nairobi or Arusha. To get you started here are several that have been mentioned here including one that I used in Jan/Feb -

Eastern & Southern Safaris (I've personally used them and had a great experience) www.essafaris.co.ke

Roy's Safaris
www.roysafaris.com

Good Earth Tours
www.goodearthtours.com

Sun Trek Safaris
www.suntreksafaris.com

In addition there are many US or UK based agencies that you can look into. Keep in mind also that two people can have different experiences dealing with the same operator. I think good communication is key. Contact a few different operators, then choose the one you feel most comfortable with. The best safari operator is the one that listens to and is most responsive to your specific needs.
Old May 31st, 2005, 02:32 PM

Sorry, that first website should read www.essafari.co.ke without the last 's'.
Old May 31st, 2005, 02:51 PM

skiamoeba:

I have used Southern Cross Safaris from their Mombasa office on all eight safaris and have been given exceptional service. They will do an ala carte-type safari. Just tell them what you want, where you want to go and what lodges/tented camps you want to stay in and they will make all arrangements for you.

Jan
Old Jun 5th, 2005, 03:50 PM

topping
Old Jun 5th, 2005, 06:21 PM

Hi:

We used Sun Trek Safaris for our trip in Oct '02 and they were amazing.

Since they are Nairobi based they keep their overhead down and dealt with them via e-mail, VISA card (for downpayment) & money transfer and everything went flawlessly.

Z