Bus Travel in Morocco

Aug 9th, 2001, 03:27 PM
Nancy

Bus Travel in Morocco

I will be going to Morocco in October 2001. I would like to know your experiences with the different bus lines. Which was best. Your impressions. Unfortunately, the routes I am taking don't have Train connections.
I am going from Marrakesh to Essaouira to Rabat/Sale. Where did you buy the tickets and were you able to purchase tickets in advance like the Essaouira to Rabat route?
Thank you very much for any help you can give me. I am also traveling solo.

Aug 10th, 2001, 09:02 AM
Kelly

Hi Nancy,

I traveled solo in Morocco last Oct. For Marrakesh to Essaouira I used a private line called SupraTours. It was recommended to me by a cab driver, I was a little hestitant at first but it was great. It is a nice line, geared towards tourists (that was the part I wasn't sure about) but only a little more expensive than the regular bus and it got there faster. I believe I paid 48 dr. I just bought the ticket at the station (Supratours is located next to the main bus station) just before the trip. I don't think there is any need to buy ahead of time.

I didn't go to Rabat so i can't help you there.

Have a great time, Morocco is amazing!

Sep 24th, 2001, 11:16 AM
Mag

Nancy
At this time I don't remember the name of the bus company we travelled. But they all similar, try to by the most expensive one as they are better. One thing you must know that the driving in Morroco is bad... specially is you are taking a night bus.
I travel with one girfriend and we didn't have any problems. Just be cautious and confident.
Morroco is a beautiful country, take lost of photos...
Enjoy it.

Search this Thread