African Safari

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 04:34 AM
Debbie

African Safari

Which Safaris are the best value?

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 01:14 PM
Jo

Which hotel in America is the best value? <BR>Hello! Which country, which budget, and what do you hope to get out of it.

Old Sep 30th, 2001, 03:31 PM
Bert

I would say the so-called 'Green Season' trips in Botswana offer the best value. For example, you can do a 10-day fly-in safari including the legendary Mombo camp for about $2,500.00 p.p. from December through March - an identical safari would cost more than twice that much in the high season from July to October. <BR> <BR>Many guidebooks advise against visiting Botswana at this time of the year but it is essentially a semi-arid area, with rainfall hardly ever higher than 3 or 4 inches per month, and temperatures lower than October or November. <BR> <BR>Right now, South Africa also offers excellent value for money, especially for US travellers. The SA Rand is at an all-time low against the US Dollar, which translates into some really good prices at many of the private game lodges, and other properties.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 02:32 AM
Njoroge maina

Hi Debbie<BR> You may consider Kenya after all safari was "born" here.We will be glad to serve you.<BR> <BR> EASTERN & SOUTHERN SAFARIS<BR> http://www.essafari.co.ke

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 02:33 PM
maggie

It depends what you are looking for!<BR>An abundance of wildlife, luxury living and very experienced guides make a holiday with Robin Pope Safaris in Zambia an unforgettable experience. Find out more at www.robinpopesafaris.net

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 06:53 PM
xxx

Sounds like a commerical. I'd stay FAR away from that company. Please stay off this site!

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 07:15 AM
Jane

The best value safaris are the ones where you travel in a group by truck and put up your own tent at the end of the day. There are a lot of companies that do these kinds of trips - I would recommend Exodus seeing as I did a Kenya/Tanzania trip last year - 17 days, lots of travelling, not many creature comforts but then again I didn't have the money to do it the posh way! Explore is another company that does this kind of trip. Expect to pay about STG1.400 for a 17 day trip.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:02 PM
sick

time and again I run into South Africans who have left their country and who have made my country their home. Usually because of the crime in S.A. or the politics but although I KNOW that this is a travel site I would just like to say that perhaps you South Africans should take a lesson in diplomacy and shut up telling me how much better South Africa is to anything my country has to offer. If its so bloody good then please return there and leave me alone. I actually even heard this one " I have left a 5 star prison to come to a 2 star freedom. Whilst I like animals, I am not into large safari type animals and I think that my country is pretty nice actually. If, as a guest in someone's home, you said something like that do you really think that you would be their friend for much longer? I don't think so. So if you want to be part of my country then think again before you start telling me how dreadful it is.<BR>I feel better now!!!!!!!