Buhala Game Lodge

May 28th, 2002, 06:37 AM
Ed & Gloria

Buhala Game Lodge

We are considering staying at Buhala Game Lodge. Could someone who has stayed there give us a review? Failing that could we get recommendations for game lodges in Kruger.

May 28th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Lisa

Sorry, I don't know that one. For the most part Kruger is a govt owned and operated national reserve. Most of the accommodations are in rest camps which are a more basic than the upscale lodges. They cater more to on road self driving and self catering accommodation.Night drives with rangers are an added option. There are also restaurants in the camps and some have pools. The camps are fenced off. I know I had read about a luxury camp but I am not sure what it is called.

Adjoining the Kruger park are reserves like Sabi Sand Reserve and Timbavati. There are many lodges to choose from to suit different budgets. Some of them have different rates depending on the time of year you go. Most of these have game drives on landrovers with game rangers and trackers. If you have an indication of whether you are looking for top of the line, mid range or more budget consious, I can look up in the info I have and give you some names.

Search this Thread