Buffalo Ridge

Dec 18th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Original Poster

Buffalo Ridge

My friend and I are planning a trip to South Africa in July of 2006. We have booked Elephant Plains in Sabi Sands, Olifants and Talamati in Olifants in Kruger, and and we are in the process of booking Buffalo Ridge in Madikwe - http://buffaloridgesafari.com. Has anyone stayed at Buffalo Ridge? How are the guides, accomodations, and game drives? I stumbled upon Buffalo Ridge on the internet, but I have not been able to find out any first hand details on the lodge. Also, we are planning to drive to Madikwe from Johannesburg. Has anyone done this, how are the roads, and how long did it take to drive to Madikwe from Johannesburg?
Dec 18th, 2005, 10:01 PM

klaw: I have not been there yet but I will be staying at Buffalo Ridge in March so I will post a full report on it a few months before your departure.

I like supporting lodges that are owned and operated by the local community, so that was my main reason for booking there.

I'm sure someone else can chime in who has done the drive but I have read many reports that it is an easy drive and takes about 4 hours.
Dec 19th, 2005, 09:12 AM

I can offer no info but I'd like to request a report from you when you return. Where you are staying is of interest to me.

Search this Thread