Brenwin Guesthouse, Cape Town

Nov 4th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Brenwin Guesthouse, Cape Town

Has anyone stayed here? I am returning to Cape Town Dec 27-Jan 1 and everything is booked. My travel agent said this may be fun with my 5 yr old daughter.
Thanks.
Nov 6th, 2005, 08:45 AM

laguna92688

Brenwin House is a rather old guesthouse. The rooms are reasonably sized. The guesthouse is well positioned relative to being close to restaurants or the Waterfront. With that said whether the guesthouse will be a good place to take a 5 year old child to I am not sure if this will be the case purely because I do not know what will make it exciting for a child to stay in a place of accommodation. This makes me question the advice that your agent has given you.

Relative to guesthouse choices in Cape Town my personal feeling is that it would not be difficult to find a place that is better than Brenwin however the decision remains yours to make as you more than likely know the needs of your daughter better than anybody else.

Sorry but th e above is the best that I can advise and I hope that it will help you in making your accomodation choice.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa
Nov 9th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Selwyn.
Do you have any good suggestions? Ideally I'd like to be close to the beach (either Clifton or Camps Bay) and ideally dont want to spend more than about R1500 a night.
Thanks
Nov 10th, 2005, 11:19 AM

laguna92688,

In ter,ms of Caope Town accommodation that might suit you may I suggest the following places:

The Bay Atlantic
----------------
http://www.thebayatlantic.com/Default.htm

Smallish rooms but wonderfully located in a safe area in Camps Bay. Magnificent sea views and fabulous swimming pool. Hosts are also very friendly

Craigrownie Guesthouse
----------------------
http://www.craigrowniehse.co.za/

Wonderful venue. Well appointed. Friendly staff. Near the sea. A short taxi or bus ride away from all. Away from all the action yet close to it. A new facility at the guesthouse is a free broadband internet connection.

Avanti.
-------
www.avanti.co.za

Tried and tested ranking amongst the best value for money in Cape Town.
HIGHLY recommended.

I have just noticed the dates that you are coming to Cape Town and trust me this wll be slap bang in the middle of the high season. Becasue of this my suggestion is dont give up your Brenwin booking until you are sure of any other bookings that you have made.

Hope this all helps you enjoy Cape Town a lot more.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Search this Thread