botswana vs. sa in late november

Sep 9th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

botswana vs. sa in late november

hi

i have almost no time but i travel all the time, so this trip i wanted to get a taste of africa. not "the" taste of africa, at a breakneck pace, but one example of a safari lodge and then vic falls.

my plan is....

the time: late november.

the plan: j-burg - livingstone - botswana (maun) - cape town.

the goal: shortest possible time "on safari" to see hippo, maybe lion, maybe zebra. how many days do you think?

the question: i find no direct flights livingtsone - maun, can you suggest a charter carrier or better plan for me (different area apart from the delta?)

the animals: am i apt to see any animals doing it this way? or am i better off just booking a few nights at a lodge in south africa and not even attempting botswana?

lastly: any opinions on river club or recs for your fave livingstone place that is evocative of times gone by (i am as interested in colonial architecture as you must be in wildlife!)

i have my international flights already, using miles, so that is the only immovable part of my trip.

thanks very much- if you ever go to australia/nz- i'll be on that board to help you!
Sep 12th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Original Poster

me, again.

there WAS a reply to this and it has disappeared. if you were the respondent...what happened. if not and you would LIKE to respond, here's another chance- thanks!
Sep 13th, 2004, 01:34 PM
sandi

Expect it to be hot and humid, and you're likely to have occasional thunderstorms.

Sep 13th, 2004, 01:38 PM
sandi

Sorry about that - the above post refers to Botswana and VFA; weather in CPT will be mild and comfortable as will JNB.

Search this Thread