Enlarged and revised South Luangwa Trip Album

Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 10:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enlarged and revised South Luangwa Trip Album

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&y=-76e2cr

This is a new link for our photo album, in which you will find 20 or so extra shots, plus the pics have been re-ordered more or less chronoligically.I do hope you enjoy.
Please feel free to add your comments!
I haven't forgotten to complete our trip report, it's simply a matter of having other things to do (shame)!!
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 04:08 AM

Phil/Ruthie- I think you put the wrong link for comments. I can't get that comment to come up. I don't know why it does on my album and not yours, or maybe it will for others. I would like to comment on some of those photos as I think they are nothing short of award winning, you do a tremendous job with photography, but I get the page without the comment opportunity.
I like the album even better now. It looks perfect. Thanks for your efforts, I know how hard a job it is. Liz
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Liz, thanks for the kind comments.

The top link doesn't require people to register or log-in to ofoto but this then doesn't give an option to add comments.

Try this link which needs you to have logged into ofoto but should let you post comments.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&y=-ecs4na
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 08:06 AM

Phil & Ruthie,

Great photo album!

Liz,

I have found that by running a slideshow on Ofoto that you should then be able to post comments. Just discovered that this morning or else I would have left comments a few days ago on your own beautiful portfolio from Tanzania.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 11:12 AM

I was thinking about a question in another post about traveling in the green/low season.

When I look at your photos and read your report from low season and I compare it with my 6-day experiences in South Luangwa on two occasions during July/August, I think the low season comes out to be a very good value.

I think you mentioned you had good luck with the rain--or lack of rain. Weather in July/August was outstanding.

The wildlife sitings you had were at least equal to what I recall and I know high season prices are more. I did see wild dogs at night on my first trip in July, a fluke I think.

Now I did spend most of my time on foot and that did make it harder to see animals, but each afternoon before heading out for the night drive, I was in a vehicle. If you spent mornings on walks, then the vehicle time would be the same.

Now the question would be, is your experience at this time of year typical or were you lucky? Either way, it was obviously a great experience.

Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 01:00 PM

In terms of sitings of wild dogs, they are regularly seen during March although they hadn't been around for the couple of weeks before we got there so there is an element of luck as always.

I am sure that during the high season the sitings of cats would be greater and we were a little disappointed not to see leopard during the day as others have done during the drier weather. Nevertheless we had a couple of good lion and leopard sitings during the time we were there.

Walking was a little scary at times as the grass was shoulder high in some areas. However we decided that if the guides thought it was safe then we would trust their judgement (and I put all thoughts of snakes right out of my mind!)

So the emerald season proved to be really good value for money for us and far exceeded our expectations in terms of the weather. ButI really can't say whether we were lucky or whether it is reliably like this during March.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 04:58 PM

YEOW those were WONDERFUL!!! What a fantastic trip! Thanks, Diane
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 05:09 PM

Rocco- I did the slideshow. I see they left me a new link and I haven't had a chance to go back today yet.
You know its never too late to go back and add comments. The comment page seems to come up on mine whichever way you look at the album I thought.