Botswana-# of nights at each camp

Mar 30th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Original Poster

Botswana-# of nights at each camp

For a 7 night Botswana safari to Linyati reserve & Okavango Delta, which is preferable when it comes to a min stay at one camp? I've heard 2 nights might not be sufficient.

Option 1: 3 nights at Linyati camp & 4 nights at 1 Delta camp

OR

Option 2: 2 nights at Linyati camp, 2 nights at one Delta camp + 3 nights at a 2nd Delta camp

THanks!
Mar 31st, 2004, 02:27 AM

Morrika,
I would suggest to stay 2 nights max 3 at each camp. Also if you do it this way you get to see more camps. Pick the 3 nights in the beginning if you want, and be able to relax a bit after your long distance flight.
Mar 31st, 2004, 03:06 AM

I'd go for 2, 2 and 3 if it's your first visit to the country.

3 camps really allows you to see more of a range of environments than 2.

2 nights is sufficient to get a great feeling of a camp. Though it may leaving you wanting more it shouldn't leave you frustrated that you didnt get to experience it adequately. In an ideal world if you had longer all together you could increase the nights.

But with the 7 night max I'd stick to 2,2 and 3.

I'd ensure that the 3 nighter in the Delta is at a land based activities camp, that the other 2 nights in the Delta is at a water camp. Being able to float amongst the papyrus reeds in the narrow channels and open lagoons of the Delta really allows you to appreciate the critical role of water in the ecosystem.

Have you started to think about which camps you'll select?

I have stayed in a few Wilderness Safaris camps in Botswana and had a great experience both at the camps and with WS as a local operator.

If you want to check out their camps look at their detailed website. For booking though you will need to find an agent in your own country as they do not deal direct with customers.

Of course there are other operators with camps in Botswana such as CCAfrica, Kwando etc.

Search this Thread