Botswana in September?

Jun 17th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Botswana in September?

Is this a good time of year to go? We are looking to go in 2006 and are just beginning research. Is this too early to book camps, will they have their rates yet?
Jun 17th, 2005, 02:38 PM

It is a great time of year to go. Cool when you wake up but up to around 80-80 in the middle of the day.

Enjoy
Jun 17th, 2005, 06:22 PM

In addition to nice weather, it is nearing the end of the dry season so animals are more concentrated around the remaining water sources.

You can book the camps, but the rates may not be out yet. Wilderness (a major operator in Botswana) has not put out their rates for this time of year yet. I have made reservations for Aug 06 in Botswana, but am waiting on prices to confirm.

Check out some of the recent Botswana reports to start getting excited about your trip.
Jun 17th, 2005, 06:44 PM

atravelynn,

What does your itinerary look like for next year?

I am dying to see the new rates to see if Vumbura Plains is going to go the way of year round pricing or if they will give it a year or two worth of low season/high season pricing until they build up the lodge's reputation. Beautiful place, but not yet proven the way that Mombo/Little Mombo is. I do think that it is located where Kaparota was formerly located, as Kaparota has disappeared off the Wilderness Safaris map, and by moving the camp 45 minutes east of the old site, I believe this would make it pretty close, if not right on top of Kaparota.

Search this Thread