Botswana Chiefs Camp?

Jan 8th, 2003, 10:43 AM
laura

Botswana Chiefs Camp?

Has anyone been to Chief's Camp in Botswana? How does game viewing there compare to Mombo Camp (which I understand is out-of-this-world incredible). We are most interested in the cats.

Jan 10th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Michael

Chief's Camp and Mombo are both located on Chief's Island in the Moremi Game Reserve and are both great for cats -- you will see a lot no matter which camp you choose. I prefer Wilderness Safaris so would stay at Mombo, assuming you can get a reservation -- it is booked many months, if not years, in advance.

Jan 10th, 2003, 01:09 PM
kim

I have stayed at both Chief's and other Wilderness Safari's camps, but not Mombo itself. We loved Chiefs. We covered the same ground as Mombo and saw everything they did. We actually exchanged information with their rangers.We absolutely loved our ranger and the management. The rooms were certainly luxurious enough. The food I would say would not quite as good (only barely) My only conplaint was they they allowed a really snotty private couple with their own ranger and car and they ruined a few sightings for us but that can happen anywhere. When I stayed there it was much cheaper than Mombo. I don't know if that is the case now. We had our best cheetah and lion sightings and a daylight leopard. I understand they have released a few rhino there too! Email me with any question.

Apr 11th, 2004, 10:41 AM

ttt

Search this Thread