Botswana advice

Nov 24th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Botswana advice

OK I couldn't sleep last night and had a revalatory thought about my Dec/ Jan safari. Having originally planned a SA based route I have changed my mind and booked the following

4 nights Luangwe River Lodge
3 nights Tongabezi

6 nights undecided
1 overnight J Berg

5 nights Indigo Bay Mozambique for diving

Now I had thought of going to Sabi Sands on the 6 days undecided and getting a last minute deal from MT beds to keep costs down,but last night I thought this is mad Botswana is so close, I'm wasting time and money travelling. So now I'm thinking of 3 nights Xakanaxa Camp and 2 nights Kwara. I really want to see cats and I know its not the beast time of year. Also I'm travelling with hubby and 10 year old daughter, and not rich! Every penny hurts. What do you think? Any comments appreciated
Nov 24th, 2005, 10:28 AM

Yvonne,

If you want to see cats, perhaps you should add 3 nights at Puku Ridge in South Luangwa. This area is full of cats and with a wide open plain that the camp overlooks, you may see lions each day prior to your game drives...kind of takes the guesswork out of the gamedrives!

That would still leave you with three undecided nights but in December/January, you may be best off limiting Tongabezi to two nights and then spending the other four nights in Botswana...or you could just go to Botswana for three nights at a single camp.

Have you seen my recent photo album? Most of the lion photos were taken while at Puku Ridge. It was great...the lions got within nearly touching distance as they walked past the vehicle, but that will be at your own discretion on how close you feel comfortable allowing them to get.

www.kodakgallery.com/rocco/2005_favorites

Good luck.

Search this Thread