Booking in Zanzibar

Apr 5th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Booking in Zanzibar

Dear frineds
I'm visiting Zanzibar and mainland Tanzania next august. I already have booked my safari but I'm still arranging my trip on Zanzibar (Unguja).
I've trying to book some hotels directly but in many cases it's really difficult and some them have told me they are full.
As I have seen some of these hotels are available in some island operators such as Zanzibar Encounter. My question is if anyboyd knows this travel agent and which kind of documents should I have asked them for before paying for it.
Sorry for my poor english
Sergi, from Barcelona
Apr 5th, 2006, 12:16 PM
sandi

Have you booked your safari through a tour operator in Spain, or even in Tanzania? If so, they should be able to arrange your hotels on Zanzibar.

Zanzibar Encounter has a good website, but I have no experience of booking through them. It seems they encourage those interested to book direct with the hotels, resorts or cottages. However, if as it seems you're having a problem doing so yourself; so if Zanzibar Encounter accepts credits cards, which it seems they do on their website, book through them. Or they may accept wire transfers as many in-country outfitters do.

Let's see if others have any comments on this subject and company.

Apr 5th, 2006, 02:58 PM

I've booked with Ocean Tours Zanzibar a couple of times and have been quite pleased. They handle A&K's Zanzibar business. You can reach them at [email protected]. If you book with them and have tours set up, ask for Masoud as a guide; he's wonderful!
Apr 6th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

Dear all
I've bookd my safari through a tour operator in Tanzania but they are run by tanzanian and spaniard people and we have some friends in common so I can be sure about them.
Some hotels are full for direct booking but it's possible to find rooms in the same hotels through some agents like Zanzibar Encounter.
This is the reason why I'm working with them.
Thank you for your kind help
Sergi

Search this Thread