Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Bon Voyage Roccco (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/bon-voyage-roccco-432548/)

safarinut May 17th, 2004 10:07 AM

Bon Voyage Roccco

Roccco,just got back from Toronto today and realized you must be leaving soon!

Have a great trip and travel safely.

sundowner May 17th, 2004 11:05 AM

Yes, Roccco - have a wonderful time!

And I know Italy is not Africa (I was in Rome/Sorrento 2 months ago) but have fun there anyway.

It's hard to believe your trip is finally here. It always feels like "pie in the sky" to me until it's almost time to go.

Roccco May 17th, 2004 11:57 AM

WOW!!! This thread really hammers in the fact, ready or not...I AM GOING TO ZAMBIA!!! :)

Received my confirmations back from Kaingo and Star Of Africa that my wire payments went through and that Wild Dogs have been spotted at both Kaingo/Mwamba and Puku Ridge/Chichele (about 40 miles apart, so definitely a different pack of dogs). :)

It will be interesting to have 10 nights in Europe before going to Africa, but at least that makes for a much shorter flight to Johannesburg. :)

welltraveledbrit May 17th, 2004 02:45 PM

Roccco,
Bon Voyage...tell STD I hope she enjoys Zambia enought to give Sausage Tree a chance next year!
Enjoy your trip to Italy...I'm sure you'll love business class!

Clematis May 18th, 2004 12:11 AM

Hope I'm not too late to say good-bye, Rocco. Both of you have a wonderful time!

sandi May 18th, 2004 04:02 AM

Roccco - Time goes so fast when getting ready to leave on vacation LOL! Well your time has arrived. Be gentle and kind to your inlaws.

So here's my toast to a grand trip and happy travels.

Blacktie May 18th, 2004 05:22 AM

Have a great trip ... and on behalf of Liz, if she doesn't chime in, stay out of the tall grass!!!

SusanLynne May 18th, 2004 10:28 AM

Me too! Me too! I want to be included here! Have a wonderful and safe journey to both Europe and your beloved Zambia. Just think, as soon as you come home you can start planning the next trip, and the next one and the one after that. Oops! Probably not what STD want to read! Bon Voyage you two! =;

ILoveAfrica May 18th, 2004 10:31 AM

Roccco
We are going to miss you. HAVE A BALL. Drinks as much as you want, gaze at the African Stars and gell with the wildlife.
Have a good one

girlpolo33 May 18th, 2004 04:10 PM

Rocco, although I wished you 'bon voyage' on another thread, let me add to the heartfelt wishes of everyone else. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Sometimes I feel planning is half the fun, as the time spent in Africa races by so quickly. Savor every moment and good luck with wild dog sightings!

uhoh_busted May 21st, 2004 07:12 PM

Have a wonderful time :-) This is simply a GREAT time to be going.

Roccco May 22nd, 2004 10:30 PM

Just a quick Bon Giorno (sp.?) from Rome, Italy! :)

Had great flights over, despite missing my flight from London to Rome (flight was delayed out of LAX but this was a blessing since we were running late and had to have Delta reissue our paper tickets in order to get an earlier flight out of Lusaka back to Joburg). The only Delta counter in London is at London Gatwick and not changing my tickets would have meant trying to make my international flight from Joburg to London in only 60 minutes after connecting from Lusaka.

Rome is fun, but there are just too many people. I figure that there will be as many tourists in the entire South Luangwa Valley during my visit as were sitting on the Spanish Steps yesterday! :)

Today is the Vatican and Colosseum as my tour begins. Almost feel like I am being dragged to Chobe and Victoria Falls (staying at The Kingdom Hotel) much against my will, but I will just go with the flow! :)

Cannot say that it is the most sophisticated group of travellers that go on these tours but because I am with equally unsophisticated family members, I did not want to be responsible for leading a 10 night tour. I was responsible entirely for yesterday and it was DRAINING!

Ciao for niao!!! ;)

Clematis May 23rd, 2004 12:09 AM

Rocco, one word - Africa!

Soon.

Kavey May 23rd, 2004 06:45 AM

Hope you are having a great trip Rocco!

Roccco May 25th, 2004 12:31 PM

Thanks!

Kavey, hope you are loving every second in South Africa. You must be looking forward to your safari portion of your trip, as I am much looking forward to my own.

Guenmai May 25th, 2004 04:23 PM

Rocco...I don't know you, but Bon Voyage and enjoy Africa!