Binoculars on Safari

Dec 31st, 2002, 11:12 AM
billyjeff

Binoculars on Safari

Can anyone recommend what type of binoculars are best for game viewing considering weight, magnification etc.

Thanks

Dec 31st, 2002, 11:25 AM
lisa Waverley

We have an array of binoculars and the most imnportant attribute is that they are lightweight. If you are going to a camp where you do not go offroad then you will need a better quality set. If you are going offroad then then you do not need as high a quality because you will be very close to the animals and will not need to rely as much on the binoculars.

My son really likes his Bushnell adjustable 7 -15x25 zoom. Another good compact set is Canon 10x25 (sorry no model numbers available off the binoculars.) Another excellent set but larger and therefroe slightly more cumbersome are the canon 8x32 waterproof. Sorry,I can't help you even more with the model numbers

Jan 1st, 2003, 05:44 AM
billyjeff

No need more model numbers -- your response has been a big help. Thanks much.

Jan 2nd, 2003, 07:03 AM
Susan

I use my Nikon Action Zoom XL 10-22x50. My eyesight is very poor, but with these binoculars I can see everything. We found that on safari we were usually close enough to the animals that we could see and photograph them with no problem. For me, the binoculars were handy when the guide or my husband were discussing what they thought they saw way off in the distance. Have a great trip.

Search this Thread