Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Best wishes for Sandi (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/best-wishes-for-sandi-617454/)

cybor May 22nd, 2006 07:38 AM

Best wishes for Sandi

I was going to wish you well on cooncat's thread but I thought that you deserve your own. Thank you for all your patience and never ending knowledge.
Do try to behave on this trip as we do look up to you. :)
Happy African adventures!
Sherry

Kavey May 22nd, 2006 07:52 AM

Yay Sandi, have a GREAT TRIP!!!

OnlyMeOirish May 22nd, 2006 07:57 AM

Absolutely - Thanks for everything Sandi and have a wonderful trip.

Imelda

Patty May 22nd, 2006 08:02 AM

Safari njema, sandi.

Patty May 22nd, 2006 08:03 AM

P.S. - Don't forget to give us the scoop on hair dryer usage at each camp ;)

Nyamera May 22nd, 2006 08:06 AM

Sandi,
I’m looking forward to a report from Desert Rose.
Safari njema
Safiri salama

cooncat3 May 22nd, 2006 08:46 AM

Have a blast, Sandi! I am looking forward to lots of photos of the fabulous places you'll be staying! And your report, of course!

Be safe and behave!
Sharon

Leely May 22nd, 2006 08:47 AM

Asante tena for all the help and advice and laughs you provide here. Of course safari njema! I expect at least one photo as hilarious as Eileen "flying" above her camel.

matnikstym May 22nd, 2006 08:51 AM

Have a wonderful trip sandi!! Travel safe and have fun!
Aloha,
Dennis

Roccco May 22nd, 2006 09:34 AM

Sandi,

Have a wonderful time!!! :)

Favor May 22nd, 2006 09:44 AM

sandi - You're definitely the "postess" with the "mostess"! Have fun, be safe.

DJE May 22nd, 2006 09:47 AM

Safe Travels Sandi. I'm sure you will enjoy every moment. DJE

net_warrior May 22nd, 2006 10:06 AM

Enjoy
I'm sure you will.

bat May 22nd, 2006 10:16 AM

sandi, have a great trip.

YvonneM May 22nd, 2006 10:57 AM

enjoy!!

africnow May 22nd, 2006 11:12 AM

As above - Have a great trip. Looking forward to a trip report when your return.

LyndaS May 22nd, 2006 11:37 AM

I can't believe the time is almost here! Have a great trip Sandi, thanks from me also for all of your good advice and help over this last year - I would not have been as prepared without you and all of the others on the board - thankyou!
Bon Voyage - and I will look for you on the airstrip on the Mara!

LyndaS May 22nd, 2006 11:41 AM

And HOW could I miss saying that I look forward to a fabulously lengthy trip report from you - after all it was YOU who got me hooked on reading all the reports as yours from last year was SO fabulous!

sandi May 22nd, 2006 12:22 PM

Sherry - What's that about "behave" - not on your life or mine. If anywhere to let loose, Afree-kah is the place. But, I promise not to embarrass myself that there are tales to tell when any of you follow me.

Got the brows threaded, hair cut, nails (hands and feet) painted, batteries charged for the digi, extra battery for the 35mm (and film, of course), hairblower and curling iron ready to be packed, meds in their little compartments, make-up is the last thing to be packed.

Got plenty of USD in all denominations neatly identified for whomever, where and when (a bit anal); Visa applications filled-in with $50 attached to each; emails sent to everyone that I'll be away; bill payments ready to be mailed; mail will be picked-up; light timers set, as is the VCR (it's a bitch that all the season finales air when I'm gone).

Surprise of surprises, I have room in my duffle bag... must have forgotten something or I'm getting better at packing; probably doesn't weigh 25/lbs. and that's with gifts for friends; car service arrangements made for outbound and return.

If I forgot anything, it'll have to wait till next trip or I didn't need it/to do, in the first place.

I promise to do my utmost to get a trip report and the photos uploaded as soon as, but no guarantees... it took me so long last year.

Lynda, I'll be on watch for you at some airstrip in the Mara, if we miss one another, I'm sure you'll be having a wonderful time.

Don't know about camel this year... maybe some other mode of transport!!!

Thanks everyone for your good wishes.

Roccco May 22nd, 2006 01:01 PM

Sandi,

Isn't that the worst with those season finales?! My favorite is definitely "Huff" on Showtime, although "Big Love" on HBO has also been a nice surprise. Cannot wait for "Weeds" to start up again on Showtime. Of course "The Sopranos" goes without mention...looking forward to the season finale but a bit annoyed that they will make us wait for the final 8 episodes...sheesh, I guess I am about as big a couch potato as I am an Africaphile! Well...I don't waste my time on anything that isn't on HBO or Showtime...this does get me in trouble with the mother-in-law when entertaining at home! ;)