Best way to post pictures to share on Fodors

Old Jun 4th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way to post pictures to share on Fodors

I have a lot of pictures that I would like to share on Fodors and with others. I would welcome some advice on the best, easiest, or most recommended method/website to use.
Thanks,
Ron
Old Jun 4th, 2010, 10:22 AM
TC

I don't know if it is "best, easiest or most recommended", but the one I use is www.zenfolio.com. I found it quite easy to download and organize. For only $50 per year one has unlimited space. I believe they have a smaller capacity version for $25 per year. I felt it to be very good back up protection for my photos as well as an extremely easy way to share.

My photos: www.tonna.zenfolio.com
Old Jun 4th, 2010, 10:53 AM

TC - Great photos!

Old_dude - I also don't know if it's the "best, easiest, or most recommended" but I've used Kodakgallery, www.kodakgallery.com. Kodak's is free and seems to work well enough for a slideshow (little text) but I suspect the pay sites may include some additional features. I've also seen some basic Flickr slideshows and a few nice trip reports with a lot of pictures mixed with text on SmugMug. A deciding factor may be how much text you want to include with each photo.

Here is an example of a kodakgallery slideshow. Keep in mind that these photos are screenshots from a book I made so the resolution is very low.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/...6%3A1645371729

Whichever one you choose we'll just be happy to see your trip!
Old Jun 4th, 2010, 02:26 PM

I think Flick very basic option is free, so you can try that out if you're not interested or not yet ready to pay for a site. I currently use www.SmugMug.com. There's an annual fee, but it's a very nicely run site.
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 02:28 PM

Shutterfly is my favorite. Check my photos at www.garyandsusan.shutterfly.com. Free and unlimited. You can have multiple share sites.