Best Time To Visit Kenya?

Nov 15th, 2001, 06:17 AM
Phil

Best Time To Visit Kenya?

I'm planning to visit Nairobi, Samburu, Lake Naivasha and Masai Mara National Reserve next year. I was looking at going in June. Can someone please let me know if thats a good time for travel in Kenya as far as little rain and mosquito's. Or recoomend a better time to visit and what months to ignore.
I noticed the average percipitation for Nairobi in June is 1.2 inches.
Thanks,
Phil

Nov 21st, 2001, 06:23 AM
Dave

We were in Tanzania and Kenya (Nairobi, Samburu, Masai Mara) this June. had no rain, no mosquitoes. But no migration, which occurs in July - Aug.

Nov 23rd, 2001, 04:06 AM
Gina

Hi Phil:
We went to Kenya in June 2000 and it was the greatest safari. The weather was just right. During early morning and night drives we wore gortex jackets and sometimes sweaters too. During a day short sleeves but it wasn't steamy hot. We had a rain a couple times but only in the evening and night. We stayed in four different places and it seemed that they had almost different climates. It was much cooler near Mt. Kenya than in Maasai Mara.
We saw only one mosquito during two weeks!!!
I think that June is a great time. Also if you plan your trip in the end of June maybe you will be lucky, like us, and you will witness migration. We stood on the bank of Mara River for couple hours watching thousands of wildebeests crossing the river. If you want more detailed information about this experience and where we stayed let me know. Personally I wouldn't stay any longer than necessary in Nairobi. I rather stayed longer on safari.

Jan 18th, 2002, 02:17 AM
Njoroge maina

Hi Phil
The best time to visit kenya is jan-march and july-Dec.Of particular interest would be the migration whose peak is august.

Eastern & southern safaris.
www.essafari.co.ke

Search this Thread