Best time of year to visit SA

Dec 5th, 2001, 09:49 AM
David

Best time of year to visit SA

Thanks everyone for the replies to my previous questions - all hints/suggestions are very appreciated!! I was also wondering what people think the best time of year is to go. We chose April because it sounds like Vic Falls are at their fullest March, April & May, but we certainly flexible if other times are better to visit overall.

Thanks again,

David

Dec 5th, 2001, 10:00 AM
L

You'll get various ideas about the best times to go. Consider heat and rains. Some people like the winter because the leaves are off the trees - supposedly you can see the animals better. We went in September/October, just when leaves were coming on the tres, and that was very nice. You'll just have to decide beased on what you like. There is also the matter of off-season prices. Ciao, L

Dec 14th, 2001, 04:39 AM
local

I think autumn is the best time of year in SA - not so hot, the rain has eased off and we have gorgeous balmy long sunny afternoons. March/April & May are the best months for the Falls - and remember the mozzie repellant and your malaria tablets!

Dec 22nd, 2001, 04:00 PM
sandy

I 've just returned from a two-weeks trip to south Africa, Zimbabwe,
Zambia and Botswana. It was warm and humid in some places, but I loved all the greenery. They tell me that the best time to visit is their winter (July-Aug.-Sept), because you can see the animals better and they gather in great numbers around the water holes in the dry season. But I saw lots of game and the landscape was very beautiful. Also, in winter, it can be very cold in the mornings and evenings -- you will need some warm clothing. I just took shorts and tee shirts for my trip!

Search this Thread