Best time of year in South Africa?

Jan 25th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

Best time of year in South Africa?

What are the temp/rain/mosquito/dust conditions in South Africa for different months of the year? We are planning a trip for 2007 and can select any month. What month would be most comfortable and favorable for animal viewing?
Jan 25th, 2006, 08:11 AM

I have been there in September several times. It's dry and it hasn't gotten too hot or humid. its great for animal viewing. I hear April is also good.
In Kroeger are, mosquitos are not a problem at that time. Its a bit dusty because of the dryness, but it hasn't bothered me and I have lots of allergies.
Jan 25th, 2006, 08:28 AM

My favourite months to be in SA are March and September. I have found that the weather at these times is tops for both the bush and the coast.

cape town has a meditterannean climte and is prone to some howling winds, which generally abate over these months. The temps are moderate and the sky seems always to be blue.

up noth the country has a more temperate climate, the rains have either stopped or not quite set in. In both instances there is limited surface water making game movemnts a little more predictable.

Again the temps are moderate, cooler, but noot cold evenings and warm to hot days.

Search this Thread