Best time for Nile Cruise?

Jul 5th, 2001, 04:44 AM
Jim

Best time for Nile Cruise?

We are planning a trip including a Nile River cruise. They are offered in the spring and fall. What is the best time and what do you know about Intrav's Wings Over The Nile?

Thanks so much.

Jul 5th, 2001, 09:55 AM
Patricia

Don't know anything about Wings Over the Nile. Spring would be considerably hotter than fall. We went in November and it was excellent weather. That's their winter, or heading into it, and it was up around 80 degrees and more. (Actually, even at that time one woman fainted from the heat at Abu Simbel.) We hadn't many complaints about the weather and I got only 3 mosquito bites the whole 2 weeks in Egypt--1 week on the Nile. I'm sure we were just lucky, but if they're around, they'll find ME. So I'd say go in the LATE fall.

Jul 5th, 2001, 09:57 AM
Patricia

Just one more thing. We went with Grand Circle and were very pleased with the trip. There were glitches, but most of them, I think, were due to other forces and Grand Circle had no control over it.

Jul 5th, 2001, 01:34 PM
Myriam

Jim,
I would say, go in spring. We were on a Nile cruise in March and the weather was just great. Warm during the day, cool at night. And not at all humid, so no mosquitos.

Search this Thread