Best Safari Trip Reccos Please

Apr 5th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Original Poster

Best Safari Trip Reccos Please

Beginning plans for my dream trip to Africa. Forgive me as I am a novice here. But mother promised to do a safari if I did her trip with her ao now it's my turn.

My objective is the migration, best time for a chance to see?

Reasonable comfort and safety level, without missing out on the experience, yet something mother (66 and prefers a hot tub bath, but shall manage without) can tolerate. I don't want primitive, but can't afford the very deluxe, yet close to the very best!

Please any suggested outfitters, travel companies are appreciated!

Sharon
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:25 AM
bat

Hi Sharon:
Since you mention the migration, read the trip reports in the East Africa Index--they mention the companies that the tavelor's used as well as where they stayed, etc.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=34725679

Location of the migration varies during the year within Tanzania and Kenya. Here is a website with maps showing where it might be expected to be (although it can be unpredictable--very dependent on rain). The website will also have picures of the various lodges and camps for you to look at. (go to Tanzania, then serengeti, to find the maps. The lodges will be under the name of the location --serengeti, tarangire, etc

www.go-safari.com

Search this Thread