best restaurants in Johannesburg?

May 31st, 2008, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

best restaurants in Johannesburg?

I'm right now in Johannesburg, working for 10 days, in the Rosebank area. What are some of the best restaurants in the city that I shouldn't miss? I'm a foodie, and love every kind of food. I also wanted to be sure and hit the very best Portuguese restaurant in the area, as there are many and I only have time to do one of them.

Thanks!
Teresa
Jun 2nd, 2008, 06:21 AM

depending on what you want - vegetarian, vegan, indian, italian, greek.....
moyo's at melrose arch was very nice last march - something arabic/indian fusion, great oysters and very good meat dishes, also some vegetarian choices.
but in rosebank you should also have a very good selection of fine restaurants! by the way: the park hyatt in rosebank has a very nice terrace (if they weather allows) and a very good lunch and dinner menue at the restaurant.
in european terms - and also american - very reasonable priced and extremly good quality and wine list!
sunday lunch there is nice!
Jul 26th, 2013, 06:16 AM

Looking for an update to this old thread.

We will be in the city for one night, staying at The Winston hotel in Melrose/Rosebank.

Willing to take taxi ride of 20 minutes or so. Looking for excellent food of any sort but looking for a relaxed atmosphere instead of formal dining. Food quality is paramount, atmosphere/service is secondary.

Search this Thread