Best place for island honeymoon?

Sep 11th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Best place for island honeymoon?

My fiance and I are planning a trip to Africa for our honeymoon in mid-September 2006. We are planning on going to Singita in South Africa and Cape Town and we would also like a beach resort. However, we are torn between Mauritius, Seychelles, and Mozambique islands. We are looking for something beautiful, exotic and very high end. Can anyone tell me the "best" island to stay on and the best hotel to stay in on that island?
Sep 11th, 2005, 04:10 PM
bwanamitch

What about this:
http://www.north-island.com/

Sep 11th, 2005, 06:13 PM

My husband and I honeymooned in Mauritius last year. We stayed at the Oberoi in a private villa with its own pool. We picked Mauritius for a number of reasons. First, it was closer than the Seychelles. Also, many of the beaches on the Seychelles are too rough to swim on. Why would I travel so far and spend so much money, if I can't even swim in the water? I was also told by my agent that Seychelles has the nicest beaches, but its kind of boring. Mauritius has an adequate beach, but the food and service were great.
Sep 12th, 2005, 05:34 AM
sandi

Another vote for North Island in the Seychelles. Or Freget Island, also the Seychelles. Both are private islands.

However, if traveling from South Africa you've got to check flight schedules are there aren't daily flights.

But, I'd do North Island in a New York Minute regardless what it took to get to/from.

Search this Thread