Patty or whoever - United Economy Plus

Old Feb 8th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patty or whoever - United Economy Plus

Hi - I don't know why I keep bugging Patty but she is our flight guru, yes? ;-)

Anyway - Has anyone ever flown United Economy Plus? Is it worth the extra $299 for me to upgrade to this? I've already got a window seat from Chicago to London (31J), but if there is a decent benefit to doing this, I may just do it. Funny how 300 bucks starts to sound like a drop in the bucket....<sigh> Thanks!
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 11:37 AM

My flying for long distances in the U.S. is restricted to United Economy Plus because of the leg and breathing room (a pitch, as I recall, of 35 or 36 as opposed to a regular coach pitch of 31 or 32). But I am a Premier Executive and so do not pay extra for the placement. However, were I flying from Chicago to London in coach, and were I not at the Premier level, I would most certainly pay an extra $299 for Economy Plus. Indeed, I would consider it a bargain considering what the next level, Business Class, would cost. The gain is great, especially when you are behind someone who insists in leaning back constantly or even frequently when you do not have an equivalent desire.
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 11:38 AM

Agreed if you can do the $300, do it. I have no problem with 5-6 hour flights in Economy Plus and would definitely prefer longer flights if this was my only option.
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. I just wondered if 3 extra inches of space was worth it, but it sounds like it may be. Wish I was flying United all the way to Nairobi. That would certainly clinch the deal!
Sharon
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 01:41 PM

I've flown Economy Plus, and it is nicer. I'm not very tall (5'8&quot, so the extra legroom wasn't that much of a factor, but being able to deploy my laptop without worrying about the guy in front of me reclining his seat and crushing my screen was a big plus.

What's nice is that the Economy Plus Access is good for a year for you and a companion, so if you have more than one flight on United, it's fairly worthwhile. And, United is giving out a 5000 point bonus for signing up before June 30th, which is nice.