Best Located Luxury Hotels for Shopping

Feb 3rd, 2006, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

Best Located Luxury Hotels for Shopping

We are going to be in Dubai for one day and would like to stay close to the shopping areas, including the Gold Market. We do not care about the beach or the view, but want to do some shopping. Which luxury hotel would fill the bill?
Thanks for any help you can offer me.
Feb 3rd, 2006, 08:46 PM
santharamhari

Dubai.....isnt a big city.....so, whatever you choose in the city, you should be close to all the shopping you plan to do.

I was in Dubai in Sept'05 overnight and just went to the Hilton in the city for a day...was close to all the shopping.......prior to my flight Dubai-jfk.......the best flight and service ever!!!

Feb 6th, 2006, 10:24 AM

Best hotels for right side of creek for the souk are without doubt new Park hyatt and 18 mth old Hilton. Both are pretty close to City Centre which is only decent mall on that side of creek. I would go for Hyatt as grounds are really nice and right on creek. Hilton is on busy road and roadworks around it. Also no grounds. Grand Hyatt is also good - especially for Wafi City and OK for Burjuman but on opposite side of creek.
Other new really big malls - Ibn Battuta and Mall of Emirates are better served by going to Dubai Marina hotels - Grosvenor House, Royal Mirage are best but suffer from a lot of traffic and cranes everywhere. Sheikh Zayed hotels like Shangri La and Emirates Towers are equi distant from big malls near Marina and souk - or you could say equally inconvenient. Emirates Tower mall has realtively small number of luxury shops. Dubai is not that small - it is getting longer and traffic is getting horrendous - so depending on direction and time, it can take 90 minutes or more to go from Dubai Marina to cross the creek. From Sheikh Zayed to Ibn Battuta will cost over 50 dirhams. ($15). Any accident snarl up on the bridges will add further time.
Feb 12th, 2006, 02:35 PM
as

Glad to hear you had a great flight
from Bubai to JFK.
What airline was it?
Thanks

Search this Thread