Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best and Safest Ways to Get Around Arusha in August?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2022, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to determine the best ways to get from JRO to my hotel and also from hotel to hotel during trip. Anything special I should know? Costs? Do cabs take credit cards or is everything cash?

Thank you for your response.
Old Apr 7th, 2022, 09:12 PM

I hope someone with more experience traveling in Arusha will chime in but I must admit Arusha made me a bit nervous and I have traveled quite a bit. Our hotel was able to arrange for a driver to pick us up at the airport and we joined a tour the next day so didn't have to arrange any transportation. You might want to ask if your hotel can assist you.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by randic
Trying to determine the best ways to get from JRO to my hotel and also from hotel to hotel during trip. Anything special I should know? Costs? Do cabs take credit cards or is everything cash?

Thank you for your response.
Hello, thanks for asking, depend on where do you want to go from JRO. If is it Moshi or Arusha. You can rent cars at the airport to connect you to Moshi or Arusha. The common practice is Cash. On arrival at JRO, you can use ATM to get cash. A good thing about transfers at JRO drivers accepts different currency included $ and euro. In case you have other questions feel free to ask. Thank you