Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Being obsessive, starting 2021 research. Basic Israel & Jordan!

Being obsessive, starting 2021 research. Basic Israel & Jordan!

Old Dec 8th, 2019, 05:03 AM
  #21  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 9,854
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by odie1 View Post
Percy - might you post a trip report? We are headed to Jordan in February!
Percy already posted a WONDERFUL report. You can find it here:
Percy's Continued Picture Report of Israel and Jordan Started in the Lounge
schmerl is offline  
Old Dec 8th, 2019, 11:40 AM
  #22  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,032
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Percy.
I forgot about your TR. Its great and the pics are a fantastic. It is sure illuminating for anyone wanting to go to that region go the world.
jacketwatch is offline  
Old Dec 8th, 2019, 12:16 PM
  #23  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,641
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks schmerl you are the best as always


jacketwatch lets have more of your pictures from Israel also.
I love seeing see.
Percy is online now  
Old Dec 8th, 2019, 12:51 PM
  #24  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,032
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Percy View Post
Thanks schmerl you are the best as always


jacketwatch lets have more of your pictures from Israel also.
I love seeing see.
here you go!

Church of the Annunciation

Church of the Holy Sepulchre

Western wall

I forgot where this is, Akko I think. The significance of the door being so short is to bow or show reverence to the Lord as you enter.


This is the Israeli main battle tank. The night we were supposed to port in Ashod in the south there were rocket attacks from Gaza so we had to port in haifa. As we were heading back after our tour of Masada and the dead Sea many tanks were being trucked south, a reminder of life there
jacketwatch is offline  
Old Dec 8th, 2019, 12:57 PM
  #25  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,641
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by odie1 View Post
Percy - might you post a trip report? We are headed to Jordan in February!

odie:
here is the beginning of the 'picture" Report started in the Lounge

https://www.fodors.com/community/fod...-back-1667063/
Percy is online now  
Old Dec 8th, 2019, 01:11 PM
  #26  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,641
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks jacketwatch

That picture that you are not sure of., the second from the bottom with the small door entrance, well....

You took that picture standing in the Church of Nativity Plaza and the small doorway is the entrance into the Church of Nativity.,

Manger Square is at you back ( West) you are looking East. !!!!

Percy is online now  
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 04:10 AM
  #27  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 655
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by schmerl View Post
Percy already posted a WONDERFUL report. You can find it here:
Percy's Continued Picture Report of Israel and Jordan Started in the Lounge
The link says "Page not found" and I looked but can't find Percy's travel report.
odie1 is offline  
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 04:38 AM
  #28  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 9,854
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by odie1 View Post
The link says "Page not found" and I looked but can't find Percy's travel report.
Hmmmm...I just clicked on the link and it took me to the report. The link Percy posted also works for me.
schmerl is offline  
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 05:54 AM
  #29  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,032
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Percy View Post
Thanks jacketwatch

That picture that you are not sure of., the second from the bottom with the small door entrance, well....

You took that picture standing in the Church of Nativity Plaza and the small doorway is the entrance into the Church of Nativity.,

Manger Square is at you back ( West) you are looking East. !!!!

Thank you sir. Makes perfect sense. .
jacketwatch is offline  
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 12:23 PM
  #30  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,641
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by odie1 View Post
Percy - might you post a trip report? We are headed to Jordan in February!
odie1 I topped my report for you.

The first segment is in the Lounge Forum
Percy is online now  
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 05:42 PM
  #31  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 655
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Percy View Post
odie1 I topped my report for you.

The first segment is in the Lounge Forum
Thank you! Just read it. Still can't access the trip report link from before - same thing, Page not found.

odie1 is offline  
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 06:30 PM
  #32  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 15,641
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
odie 1

If you have any questions, you may ask them here or Private Message me.
Percy is online now  
Old Dec 10th, 2019, 06:50 AM
  #33  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 13,525
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hi Philip, my husband and I are headed to Israel and Jordan in October 2020. We opted to take our first ever tour trip. There is so much information about religion and history that I felt me wandering around would miss so much. Our tour is 14 days so that may not work for you, but they run tours and they book up very fast. The tour is not cheap, but you stay in very nice hotels and schmerl above has also taken this tour and said it was fantastic.
https://www.tauck.com/destinations/israel-jordan-tours
This is the link to their website. If you want to travel on your own, you might want to check out Tauck's itinerary and hotels and follow that path. Then you can hire guides. Good luck in your planning!
girlonthego is offline  
Old Dec 16th, 2019, 05:36 AM
  #34  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,032
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by girlonthego View Post
Hi Philip, my husband and I are headed to Israel and Jordan in October 2020. We opted to take our first ever tour trip. There is so much information about religion and history that I felt me wandering around would miss so much. Our tour is 14 days so that may not work for you, but they run tours and they book up very fast. The tour is not cheap, but you stay in very nice hotels and schmerl above has also taken this tour and said it was fantastic.
https://www.tauck.com/destinations/israel-jordan-tours
This is the link to their website. If you want to travel on your own, you might want to check out Tauck's itinerary and hotels and follow that path. Then you can hire guides. Good luck in your planning!
A bit late coming back and
I don't know of the OP will be back or look here again but I agree that a licensed Israeli tour guide adds immeasurably to the whole experience there. We too paid a lot but no regrets at all.
Good luck!
Larry

Last edited by jacketwatch; Dec 16th, 2019 at 05:52 AM.
jacketwatch is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Original Poster
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vacationgal74
Africa & the Middle East
11
Oct 23rd, 2016 01:30 PM
kacollier
Africa & the Middle East
6
Jul 28th, 2014 06:50 AM
Roccco
Africa & the Middle East
9
Feb 24th, 2005 03:37 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:55 PM.