Bein Harim Tours, Mazada Tours

Sep 23rd, 2007, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

Bein Harim Tours, Mazada Tours

Have any of you ever taken a tour with the Bein Harim company, or with Mazada tours?

I am thinking of taking their tours, but am wondering how good they are, and also how reliable.
Sep 25th, 2007, 12:35 AM

Both have an excellent reputation but my experiences have always been with MAZADA TOURS who prove to be definitely reliable!! They provide fun, safe and reasonably priced Middle East tours and transport, especially to EGYPT and JORDAN. Check out their website.
Jun 3rd, 2009, 12:40 AM

I had some major problems with my trip to Cairo, using the travel agency Mazada

I had my holiday from the 10/5/09 to the 24/5/09. I bought the tickets about 3 weeks in advance for these dates. I was assured by the stuff of Mazada that the bus is going (already 28 years as they told me, every Sunday and Thursday), the secretary put me on the computer on the 10/5. When I came home, I saw there is no date on the ticket and phoned the office. The same secretary told me, she forgot to put the date on the ticket, but everything is OK I am on the list for the 10/5. Three days before my trip I phoned to Mazada office and was told that the bus is not going on the 10/5, and I had to make my travel alone to Cairo.
( I repeat I phoned them, I didn't get any message from them even though they had my phone number !!!!)
When I asked for part of the money back, they told me they are not responsible, if the bus is not going. I have no date on my ticket, so I have to go with them when they have a bus.
The owner got angry and I almost got the feeling, it was my fault that the bus is not going.
For returning from Cairo to Tel-Aviv one should contact the "Misr travel" agency, which is responsible for the bus of Mazada from Cairo to Eilat.
While in Cairo I tried to find the "Misr travel" agency in the Sheraton Hotel, as it was written on the ticket but there was no any office of them in the Sheraton (at least I couldn't find one). By luck I found one of the workers of the Sheraton, who told me they moved to the Piramisa hotel. The phone number of "Misr Travel" on the ticket was wrong (only 6 digits instead of 8 in Cairo, so there is a small chance to find them).
The people in "Misr travel" told me I have to confirm the bus back 3 days before the returning date, cause till this time they are not sure if the bus is going at all.

The guy responsible for the minibus back from Cairo to Eilat charged from each tourist 15 US Dollars, telling us it is for the immigration. I know there is nothing like this for the Egyptian immigration. When I asked him in the end for a receipt, he could not give me any and just wrote on my ticket that he charged 15 Dollars.
Till now I have no idea if they should charge this money or not.
While back in Israel, I phoned Mazada tours for asking about the 15 Dollars, as usual the owner got angry with me and told me it is not their responsibility, what the Egyptian are charging.

I got the feeling Mazada tours is not taking responsibility for nothing, they are happy and treat you well till they got your money, after this if anything goes wrong it is not their business.

So if anybody wants to buy a ticket with Mazada, please consider that you could get the same experience I had. Either you don't have a bus from Tel Aviv in the date you closed or you don't have a bus back from Cairo, or maybe both.

The easiest way to do this trip is going from Tel-Aviv to Eilat (you could get the visa in the Egyptian embassy in Eilat, about 30 minuites), take a taxi to Taba (about 10 minuets from the bus station of Eilat) cross the border and take the bus from Taba to Cairo.
There is a bus at 10:30 arriving at Cairo at about 16:00 (much better time than if you took the Mazada bus, which arrives at about 22:00), the whole trip will cost you about 35 US Dollars and at least you can define your dates of going there and coming back.
I made this way and I think it is quite safe, there are a lot of Egyptian police stations and barriers in the way and it looks like they really take care.

By the way the reply of Yotamre seems to be of one of the owners of Mazada, whom I know his name is Yotam, so take care
Jun 8th, 2009, 10:32 PM

Negative Experience with Mazada Tours Trip to Egypt.

ronbehar's story below does not surprise me. My wife and I spent 3000 dollars on a Mazada Tour to Egypt and WOULD NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THAT COMPANY AGAIN-EVER. We called the company a day after our original booking to ask if a one week delay would be possible. The owner, a man named "Zev",told me that the delay would be fine and that there would be no extra charge. I believed him. A few days before our new departure date, the company called us to request another $200 dollars because of the change in the date. I reminded Zev that he told us there would be no extra charge and his "response" was to start screaming on the phone that he would not be responsible for new charges emanating from Cairo's changes to plane tickets etc. It's not just that I found this man to be a brazen liar, it was the pure barbarism of his behaviour that was so disgusting. This was the speech of a person with a gangster mentality-when it comes to MONEY...he would tear your throat out with his teeth. We had been in Israel for 4 months by that point and had only met with warmth and professionalism. This man's behaviour was a throwback to the worst cliches about the "Ugly Israeli". This company, in our view, does a disservice to the Israeli Tourist industry. The tour itself was very disappointing. The guides barely spoke English and barely knew their subjects. But they WERE able to drag us through endless numbers of shops that gave them kickbacks for purchases by tourists. Buyer Beware ! Mazada Tours......NO.
Jun 8th, 2009, 10:33 PM

Negative Experience with Mazada Tours Trip to Egypt.

ronbehar's story below does not surprise me. My wife and I spent 3000 dollars on a Mazada Tour to Egypt and WOULD NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THAT COMPANY AGAIN-EVER. We called the company a day after our original booking to ask if a one week delay would be possible. The owner, a man named "Zev",told me that the delay would be fine and that there would be no extra charge. I believed him. A few days before our new departure date, the company called us to request another $200 dollars because of the change in the date. I reminded Zev that he told us there would be no extra charge and his "response" was to start screaming on the phone that he would not be responsible for new charges emanating from Cairo's changes to plane tickets etc. It's not just that I found this man to be a brazen liar, it was the pure barbarism of his behaviour that was so disgusting. This was the speech of a person with a gangster mentality-when it comes to MONEY...he would tear your throat out with his teeth. We had been in Israel for 4 months by that point and had only met with warmth and professionalism. This man's behaviour was a throwback to the worst cliches about the "Ugly Israeli". This company, in our view, does a disservice to the Israeli Tourist industry. The tour itself was very disappointing. The guides barely spoke English and barely knew their subjects. But they WERE able to drag us through endless numbers of shops that gave them kickbacks for purchases by tourists. Buyer Beware ! Mazada Tours......NO.