israel/egypt questions!

Old May 2nd, 1999, 03:26 PM
bill

israel/egypt questions!

Hi: I am considering a trip to both egypt and israel at the same time. I can only go from mid june to mid july and I realize the weather will be hot. <BR>But: <BR>1.Can you go from Egypt into Israel <BR>2.can you wing a trip and pick up a nile cruise from egypt without too much trouble? <BR>3.Can you fly to cairo and leave from tel aviv back to the states? <BR>If you have any answers and info concerning cheap hotels, i would most appreciate it. Thanks. Bill <BR>

Old May 7th, 1999, 03:28 PM
dina

<BR>Bill- <BR>Yes, you can definitely get to Egypt from Israel. If you want to go to the Sinai Desert, you would leave from Eilat,Israel. Once you cross the border into Taba, Egypt, you can wait for a taxi that will take you further into the Sinai. <BR>If you want to go to Cairo, you can take a bus tour leaving from Tel Aviv or you can fly. <BR>Have a great time! <BR>Dina

Old May 7th, 1999, 03:31 PM
dina

Hi- <BR>It seems like my previous response didn't post. <BR>You can definitely get to Egypt from Israel. If you want to go to the Sinai, you would cross the border in Eilat, Israel, and then take a taxi further into the Sinai. <BR>If you want to go to Cairo, you can take a bus tour from Tel Aviv or you can fly. <BR>Good luck!

Old Jul 10th, 1999, 01:36 PM
Jack

Bill, you say leave from Tel Aviv back to the U. S.? I,with a group, am planning to go to Israel, November, and our group is suppose to fly home from Tel Aviv, by way of Frankfurt. Our airline is Lufthansa. I hope this note may help you some. Have a good trip. <BR>Jack

Old Aug 14th, 1999, 03:49 PM
Gilad

Bill, <BR>1. there's no problem going from Egypt into Israel. <BR>2. try the "Lonely planet" about Egypt. <BR>3. there's no problem going from Tel-aviv to the states. <BR>* since you're going during high season you better orgenize everything in advance. <BR>good luck and have fun. <BR>

Old Aug 18th, 1999, 04:00 PM
Peggy

We will be going to Israel from Turkey. Could someone recommend a hotel in Tel Aviv.

Old Sep 14th, 1999, 04:23 PM
nan

Peggy-We stayed at the Center Hotel in Tel Aviv-nice, clean. It is located near the Agam fountain near Dizengoff. Friends stayed at the Sheraton which was fancier and more expensive. Have fun.

Old Sep 23rd, 1999, 02:36 PM
wendy

We will be renting a car in Tel Aviv and want to travel to the Sinai in Egypt. I don't think you can take a rental car across the border, but does anyone know if there is a rental car company that facilites this. For example turning in the car in Elat and picking it up again just across the border?