Bedouin Overnight in Sinai?

Jun 30th, 1997, 10:12 AM
Cynthia Wiseman

Bedouin Overnight in Sinai?

Am planning to be in the Sinai along the Gulf of Aqaba (Nuwieba or Sharm) this November for about a week. Would like to include an overnight trip into the desert with Bedouin guides. Any insight or experiences you have to share with me? (This is the free-wheeling part of a 3-week Egypt trip that will include the typical tourist sites and Nile cruise.)

Thanks for your interest and time!

Jul 10th, 1997, 07:17 PM
Royce

We are going to Egypt for two weeks in March and plan to go to Sinai primarily to see St Catherines Monastary and to snorkel.I would appreciate any feedback or insights you might have upon your return. Thanks. Royce

Jul 11th, 1997, 09:40 AM
NOYA

The Sinai is one of the most beautiful places on this planet. you'll have a wonderful time. Nueiba is a little more out of the way than Sharem, but Sharem has better snorkeling. you can feel very safe about a day trip with the Bedouins. They know the area well. The only thing is that you must haggle with them over the price because they will overcharge you once they'll see you're a tourist-especially american. Also, they drive like lunatics in their old Merdcedes cabs. very scary. go to Santa Catheina monestary, Kennedy Rock..have a great time & feel free to e-mail me any questions.

Jul 13th, 1997, 03:24 AM
Paula

I am planning to go to Egypt in October and have been there 10 times. The Sinai is very desolate, most people head straight to the Red Sea for Diving which is the best in the world. St. Catherine's monastery rises out of the mountains and is supposed to be the protector of the burning bush that Moses saw before getting the 10 Commandments from God. The monks tend to be a little testy and may or may not show you the bush which is now a full grown tree or the relics that pertain to St. Catherine. Either way you should get there before daybreak with flashlight in hand to climb the mountain to witness the sunrise which is spectacular. After sunrise the heat is too intense too climb! E-mail me for any info in Egypt and the Middle East - been there, done that - [email protected]

Search this Thread