Beaches and Spas in Cape Town

Jan 31st, 2000, 01:48 PM
lisa

Beaches and Spas in Cape Town

I will be in Cape Town in a couple of weeks. I have heard about all the popular tourist sites, ut i haven't gotten much information on beaches or spas that I might visit. Part of my trip I want to relax, soak up some sun and get a massage. Any recommendations?

Feb 2nd, 2000, 04:17 PM
susie

There are many good beaches eg Clifton, Camps Bay, Muizenberg, more deserted Noordhoek and Scarborough. It tends to be windy at the latter two. Don't walk where there are only a handful of people.
At Stellenbosch there is Rustenberg Hydro where you can indulge yourself.
CT is a beautiful city. Enjoy.

Feb 5th, 2000, 10:25 AM
Samm

Cape Town is spectacular the best beaches are Clifton - which has four separate beaches, 3RD & 4TH Beach are trendy & hip. Between Clifton & Camps Bay is the small beach called Glen Beach, for good surfing and young families. Camps Bay beach is great - caters for everyone. Best kept secret beach is Llandudno - very laid back, locals only, stunning for sundowners.

If you are looking for a more Boho massage experience (not spa, though) try Shambala in Long Street. If you want to spend bucks try Table Bay Spa. For spas, try the new Serenite Wellness in Constantia which also offers luxury accommodation. We found it at www.portfoliocollection.com
This website offers a personally recommended selection of accommodation from trendy boutique hotels and smart guest houses in Cape Town to bed and breakfast places. They also cover the rest of South Africa, including game lodges. Bon Voyage!

Search this Thread