Beach holiday in Tanga?

Jul 8th, 2002, 06:38 AM
jenifer

Beach holiday in Tanga?

I would appreciate any informations on a good tour company who can provide reasonable rates for a good 'beach holiday' in Tanga/dar-es-salaam and zanzibar!
Any additional personal experiences during travels to these places will also be appreciated.

Thanks
jenifer

Jul 11th, 2002, 06:44 AM
nitesh

Dear Jenifer,

I was recently in dar-es-salaam on a working assigment and was invited to join a friend in visiting one of the best beach spots in Tanga region.The resort visited was called 'TINGATINGA' and is situated near a historic town called PANGANI-which is about 45 kms from Tanga town.
To my very own amazement,the resort turned out to ideally located on the cliffs wherein one could see the ocean and walk along the beach for miles around.The sunset was one experience I will never forget!!!
The resort has 10 self contained cottages and the best seafood restaurant in the whole area.They also organise guided tours around the historic town,fishing,snorkling and even a cruise up the Pangani river-which was the first route taken by Speke
into the interior parts of the country.The river apparently originates from the Kilimanjaro mountain,and ends at this point into the Indian Ocean!

Unfortunately time was not in my favour for a longer stay,but I am definetly planning to take a 'good beach holiday' at TINGATINGA RESORT later in the year!!

Their contact is:
TINGATINGA RESORT
TEL:255-027-2643419
EMAIL: [email protected]

Regards,
Nitesh

Search this Thread