Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used Tauck Tours for Kenya/Tanzania Safari?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 2000, 06:40 PM
Marilyn Moger

I am planning a trip in July to Kenya/Tanzania and I am considering using Tauck Tours. I would appreciate feedback from people who have used Tauck for these countries. Thank you. <BR>Marilyn Moger

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 06:06 PM
ricki

We are also considering Tauck Tours for a Kenya/Tanzania safari in February, 2002. We chose them because they combine both countries. I understand that this is the first year that Tauck has done safaris, but they have an excellent reputation for other tours. I hope we made a wise decision.

Old May 3rd, 2001, 09:25 PM
Jil Bertoli

Another company to consider is Guerba - UK based. I manage a Travel Agent in Sydney and have had a few client go with them. They also have a trip that includes both Kenya & Tanzania. I am doing this trip in July 2001 with 4 others.

Old May 8th, 2001, 06:16 AM
rachel sumaria

Tauck is an excellent tour company but we booked directly with a fantastic tour operator in Africa who can customise your tours throughout Africa. They are Vintage Africa and have a web site www.vintageafrica.com. Their response time, service and guides are great.

Old May 10th, 2001, 03:24 PM
Buck

I agree with the previous poster that Vintage Africa is the very best. They were the ground operator for Go Ahead Vacations Kenyan Safari and were just outstanding. They ever took us to lunch at Carvniores that was not included in the tour. Their driver, guides are the best and are always trying to please everyone in the bus. They have much knowledge of the animals and have to go to school much before they can ever become a driver, guide, which by the way is a very elite job in Kenya. We had a driver named Dominic and he is the best. Kenya is a magical land and the people are warm and friendly. <BR> <BR>In Tanzania the roads were alot rougher and more traveling time to the lodges. The ones in our group who took the ext. to Tanzania were dissapointed in it allthouth they said the crater was awsome but not as many animals as Kenya. Whatever you do you will have the trip of your life, Buck

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 06:17 AM
Barbara

We are also going on a Tauck Tour in July. We leave home July 20th. Are you on the same tour? We're getting really excited about it now since it's coming so soon. I think it'll be a fabulous trip. I've been on 5 other Tauck tours and have never been disappointed with anything.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 06:10 PM
buck

Here's the thing about all the tour operators that go to Kenya or anywhere in Africa, they all use ground operators based in Africa, such as Vintage Africa. All the tour compaines do is get you there and you are meet at the airport by the African ground operator. The thing to do is ask you tour company the name of the ground operator that they use, and then look them up on the web and see what they offer. Some will tell you willing but some its like pulling teeth. Make them tell you whom they use. Most are good, some are better than others. Have a wonderful trip, Buck