Beach Camera (online vendor)

Aug 19th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Beach Camera (online vendor)

I just thought that Beach Camera really earned my endorsement so I am posting a link to their website:

http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/home.asp

Yesterday morning, I placed my order for my backup Canon 20d body (no lens) and by 11AM today it had arrived at my office. Unbelievable.

The camera was $1,259 plus only an extra $11.95 for FedEx two day service, yet it arrived within 24 hours.

This is a marked contrast from my first Canon 20d where I bought it from a really bad company for about the same price, yet it took three weeks for my camera to arrive and I later had to have American Express withhold a portion of their payment for an overpriced warranty that never arrived.

So far, the best companies that I have dealt with for my photo equipment have been:

1. Beach Camera
2. 17th Street Photo
3. B&H Photo
4. Sigma 4 Less
5. Abe's Of Maine

I only had one really bad experience but I will not mention the name of that company.

Beach Camera, however, stands out as the very best for getting a Canon 20d from New York to Los Angeles within 24 hours at only an $11.95 delivery charge and a very competitive price for the camera.

I probably may have saved up to $50 by going with another vendor, but their ratings on Nextag were not nearly as high as Beach Camera (which earns 5 stars), so I did not want to go through the stress of waiting for my camera as I did last time around.
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

(Nextag list of vendors for Canon 20d...you will see that Beach Camera is amongst the lowest, yet service was the best)

http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/buye...anon_EOS_20D_8
Aug 19th, 2005, 09:01 PM

I also had a great experience with Beach Camera.
Aug 20th, 2005, 03:37 AM

resellerratings.com is an excellent place to get information about online stores. Electronics sellers, especially, seem to have spotty records: some of those that advertise the cheapest prices turn out to have the merchandise available only if you also buy a bunch of overpriced accessories. The reselleratings.com site does a good job of separating the wheat from the chaff.

Search this Thread