Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Barcelona & Morocco (Oct 2017) (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/barcelona-and-morocco-oct-2017-a-1207618/)

Risha05 Feb 26th, 2017 09:08 PM

Barcelona & Morocco (Oct 2017)

Dear All,

I am from Singapore. I am planning a trip with my husband to Morocco in Oct 2017 for 10 days. Since we are travelling so far, I thought of dropping by Barcelona for 1 or 2 days, just to visit the Camp Nou Stadium. Not too keen to visit the other parts of Spain though.
So this is my wishlist for the trip:
- Barcelona Stadium & short shopping)
- Sahara desert (night stay at the Merzouga dunes)
- Chefchaouen
- Fez
- Ourika Valley & Marrakech
- Riad experience (at least 1 N stay)
- Berber village/ Middle Atlas Mountain
Would I be able to accomplish all this in 10 days? Any travel tips or ideas for me?

thursdaysd Feb 27th, 2017 04:42 AM

Print off a blank calendar page for October. Plot this trip on the calendar. Put in the travel time. Remember that one full day requires two nights. I think you had better forget Barcelona.

MmePerdu Feb 27th, 2017 12:54 PM

Removing Barcelona still leaves 6 proposed locations in 10 days, if it is actually 10 full days. As thursday says, that would require another day at each end, for a total of 12 days, 2 for travel to & from. Are there 12 days total for your trip?

You might want to clarify "riad experience". A riad is simply a house made into an accommodation so it's possible to stay in a riad every night you're in Morocco, rather than hotels.

I'd suggest you divide your itinerary into 3 parts, Fes, Chefchaouen & Marrakech. I'd allocate 3 nights (2 full days + a travel day between) to Fes & Marrakech, 2 nights (1 full day) to Chefchaouen with day trips to 1 or 2 other locations. That may be all you have time to do.

thursdaysd Feb 27th, 2017 01:07 PM

Did you mean two full days (three nights) for Fez and the same for Marrakech? That's certainly what I would recommend.

MmePerdu Feb 27th, 2017 01:36 PM

Yes.

Risha05 Feb 27th, 2017 06:19 PM

Yes, if I want to go Barcelona just for Camp Nou, I might have to add on 2 more days, total of 12 days (inclusive of flight duration). I feel it makes more sense, since I don't foresee myself travelling to Europe in future. Camp Nou is just for my Barca Fan Husband. It's more tempting since it's just few hours by flight to Fez.

Just wanted to have an experience staying in Riad then hotels. Seems like I won't have any issues for that. :P

And I am more keen on seeing the countryside of Morocco then the modern Tangier type. :)

Does anyone have any driver or agency to recommend? Affordable and reliable.

MmePerdu Feb 27th, 2017 07:29 PM

I have no driver or agency to recommend so will leave this odyssey to others to unwind. Good luck.

Isabeljohn Mar 4th, 2017 03:45 AM

Hello Risha05

10 days is good to discover a lot of things around Morocco, I advice you to book with any travel agency if you know one because they know more than anyone and they can help you to enjoy all in 10 days.

I advice you to ask the agency you know about two days in the desert because it is special place and great to discover.

If you have any question, You can ask me and i will tell you about my experience there. As well, I have experience with any agent there which offer rapport of Quality/Price.

Good luck
Isabel