Notices

Banyan v. Lemuria

Nov 25th, 2002, 12:27 PM
xx

Banyan v. Lemuria

We are going for our honeymoon in June to the Seychelles, and are debating between these two resorts - we love to snorkle, lounge on the beach, and eat great food. Any comments between the two?

Nov 26th, 2002, 03:55 AM
Antonio

I posted message 'DO NOT GO TO SEYCHELLES". before you spent money in this worthless place look for another and much better destination. Fiji or Mauritius are much better

May 19th, 2003, 02:14 PM
lwallace44

We just got back from a week at Banyan Tree and a week in Lemuria. Both are amazing places. Both are completely different resorts. Banyan Tree rooms are spectacular and Banyan Tree is designed to spend the majority of your time in your room. We had a beach villa and it was huge.

If we were to go back though, we would stay at Lemuria. Lemuria is designed to spend the majority of the time at the beach, pool, or in the bar area. The setting is one of the most beautiful we have ever seen. The service was great and the food was pretty good but expensive. The beaches and pool are just amazing at Lemuria. It is hard to beat anywhere else in the world. The snorkeling is okay at both resorts but through Lemuria you can take a snorkeling outing with excellent snorkeling.

If you really want to do nothing and have some fairly mediocre service I would recommend Banyan Tree. They were very disorganized but the rooms really are fantastic. The spa was also great. The food was probably a little cheaper than at Lemuria but the drinks were more. I hope this helps.

May 19th, 2003, 04:13 PM
sandi

First - Antonio, get a grip! I'd take the Seychelles any day over Fiji or Mauritius. So if you have nothing good to say, kindly keep it to yourself.

That said - whether you stay at Banyan or Lemuria, whether indoors all the time enjoying your room, or out on the beach, there is still so much more to see than your hotel.

From Praslin Island there are wonderful full & half-day trips - Go off to Cousin, Curieusse and St. Pierre enjoying the Fairy Terns and Long Tails on Cousin, amazing walking thru the forest and these birds (wear a cap), and the Tortoises on Curiusse with BBQ lunch, and snorkling off St.Pierre.
On Praslin you can also visit the Vallee de Mai vegetation forest with the famous Coco-de-Mere (male and female-wait till you see). You can do a day-trip by ferry from Praslin to La Digue island where no cars are allowed, either bikes or carts and the beach here is a marvel of nature with the granite outcrops.
On Mahe, it's easy enough to do day trips the the National Park islands right off Mahe, or rent a car and drive around the island to see the tea plantation and wonderful beach coves, some very very private.
There really are lots of things to do on these islands. Depending on how long you'll be there, it's a good idea to split your time between at least two islands.
And there are even more elegant and over-the-top resorts out at Fregate Island and the newest at North Island - but we're talking big bucks here, like $1200-$1500/nt.
To me The Seychelles are Paradise and so glad we added it to our second trip to Africa.
You'll love the islands.

Search this Thread