Backpackers Ritz in Botswana

Mar 2nd, 2004, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

Backpackers Ritz in Botswana

Has anyone used this outfit for a camping safari in Botswana? I need to make a decision soon. This was arranged through ecoafrica.
Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:13 AM
sandi

Suggest you provide us some information as to what this itinerary includes - where, number of days, camp names, participatory or not, an independent or group tour, etc?

The name itself is not familiar to me, may be to others.

Also, a question which I hope you don't take offense - with your name "retiredatlast" - if you're over 60, some of these so-called "camping" safaris won't take "older" participants - if the tour operator ever inquired. Don't ask me why not, since today's 60 is like 40 - but it is a consideration, if this isn't what you're really looking for and didn't seem to be from your previous posts. Also how many people included, and what ages? If this a group tour, it is something to think about.

Mar 2nd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Most places I've checked with will take anyone up to 65 without a doctor's verification of health and over that with it. I'm just looking for someone who has experience with this particular group. It's a participation safari and I'm in excellent condition and health.
Mar 3rd, 2004, 04:44 AM
sandi

It seems that Backpackers Ritz is the land provider from ecoAfrica. As previously states, I'm not familiar with the name, and since there have be no other responses, other's might not be.

May I suggest you ask for "refereces" from the company and if any of these previous travelers are agreeable to personal contact thru the email or phone? A reputable company should be able to provide such information.

Search this Thread